Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pregnancy Update

Today I am slightly annoyed,a little scared,totally and utterly bored and big time lonely . So far pregnancy was allright. It did not change the way I go about my life, except for the growing bump which by the way A has named as Bampu Singh and me and my friends allegedly started to refer to my yet-to-be-born baby by that name to A's utter disgust.



I am slightly annoyed because of late my tiny bump has suddenly become massive and it is getting in my way all the time. And the lodger in this bump, let me tell you,is not easy at all. I can not so far as put my arms on the bump nowadays. First there would be ripples of mild protest which if I do not pay heed to, would soon turn into rather strong and offensive jerks. My position has relegated to that of the old and wary landlords in Calcutta who are always trying to make peace with their Bharates.

I am scared as I see Calcutta burning up day by day. Has the climate change already started to take its toll on the planet? Otherwise when was the last time the temperature was over forty degree celcious in Calcutta during mid April? Almost never. Couple this with the following scenerios.

In Egypt, most of the fertile delta of Nile is gradually becoming barren as with the rising sea level of Mediterranean, more and more salt is mixing up with the soil of once fertile Nile delta and making it unsuitable for the agriculture. So in no time millions of people of Egypt would become environmental regugees and would have severe food crisis.
Dubai is all geared up to build floating islands to deal with the rising levels of the sea in the imminent future.
Forecasters of the Oil giant Shell have predicted of Scramble scenerio by 2050, when the supply of oil would flatten out, demand would go up manifolds than the present times and people in general would scramble for whatever energy source they could put their hands on, rather than thinking out the alternative energy sources.
And yet, with all these informations in the back of my mind, all I am thinking about is my baby. May be we are only programmed to protect the essence of life as far as possible. My constant thinking about my baby is triggered by that inbuilt programming which we call primitive instinct.

No comments: