Saturday, March 08, 2008

Mr Poxy

A(my husband) had Chicken pox from last Friday. He did not have Chicken Pox during his childhood. So finally there is sign that A is growing out of childhood. Letting apart the jokes, I was terribly stressed and depressed for the last 1 week. It is bad to have Chicken Pox yourself and it is ten times worse to see somebody else in your family having that. So much I wished I could take away his pain and irritation but could not help him either way. After 9 long days, A is much better now with most of the blisters are crusted over and I get a chance to take a breath of relief.

Things I learned unlearned and re-learned about Chicken Pox:-

It is the fluid from the blisters or sores which is really contagious and not the scabs or the dried out caps of the blisters. So Chicken Pox germs get mostly spread during the first 7-10 days of the infection when the blisters are full of fluid which is contrary to my earlier conception that it is mostly spread during 15-21 days of the disease, when the blisters are crusted over.

Chicken Pox blisters are nothing but chemical reaction of the excreta of the varicella-zoster virus on the skin. The chemical reaction of the Virus poop burns the skin and results in blisters. A is not very happy knowing that he has got virus poop all over his body.

Calamine lotion we are using now has a very runny texture ,it looks more like lime water. It is so very different from the thick gooey Lacto Calamine I had been applied to as a kid while having Chicken Pox myself. But gooey or runny Calamine is the best.

I learned that I could totally take care of Mr Poxy, a baby in my belly (yes you are right. I am pregnant with my first baby),the bereavement of someone closest to my heart, a job and home front all at the same time. I am finally growing up too. May be getting a bit stir crazy, but overall more confident to take on challenges life is throwing in my direction.

Finally good thing about the Chicken Pox episode. It surely has churned the creative juices in A. Being quarantined at home, he is getting all the time now to experiment with his photographic skills and having a blast with his camera. I have particularly found the following snap quite interesting and also being very aptly named as "Water Screw". This is a close-up shot of the water in our water filter.


Water Screw

3 comments:

Jaya M said...

Its so bad when "it" strikes you (I am little bit afraid to mention it )LOL ..chalo atleast he is enjoying life now ..
and congrats on this great news..
u just take care of urself and the little one ,Kutus..
hugs and smiles
jaya

Jaya M said...

I came again ..
pics look so cinematic and beautiful..
tumi ,Click event being hosted by Jugalbandi of Fame Jai and Bee er naam shone hobe ..
eto bhalo pics tolo ,okhane pathao na keno ..ekhon topic ta hoche
"Metal"..
Chalo ami jayi eyibaar ..
hugs jaya

DaysasIremember said...

Hello Jaya,
Thanks for the lovely comments. Love. Kutus