Tuesday, January 23, 2007

CURRY FOR THE SOUL #2

Don’t try to find any coherence in the following paragraphs. I could assure you beforehand there is not any. I don’t intend to write any coherent passages today. I am writing this post because
1) there is no new posts in this blog since new year’s eve and
2) today I feel like writing but I do not have anything on top of my head to write about and
3) I am big time depressed. Damn you English weather! You make me homesick so bad.

So here it goes:-

“Life is but a little holding, lent
To do a mighty labour. It is one
With heaven and stars when it is spent
To do God’s aim. Else die we with the sun.”

I’ve found these lines by George Meredith in a travel book I am reading this week (don’t ask me who George Meredith is though, no clues!). His grave is also engraved with these lines,( kinda his favourite lines,huh?).
The lines are really fascinating, don’t you think? Specially the last line, “Else die we with the sun”.
I may not find a purpose of my life or a true meaning of it while I would look back at the end of my days but somebody is there to say ‘That’s OK Kutus. Only that you have sat it out till the end of your days, is glorious enough of a purpose, meaningful enough of your existence in this universe’. So die I proudly and contently with the sun.


We (me and A) watched ‘Broke back Mountain’ yesterday. A, did not know what the movie is about, so as the movie progressed, couple of times I heard A saying under his breath – “ Oh…..spent 5 quid for a Gay movie, what a waste”.
Anyway he stuck it out till the end and I am pretty sure that by the end of the movie he has changed his mind that the money spent was not so much of a waste.
It is a nice love story, if you are okay with the gay thing though. It is more about the true companionship of two individuals than a cheesy gay movie, I would like to add here. Also the locations in the film are so outstanding, I particularly liked the bar with a handwritten BAR written on the outside wall.
I found the chemistry between the two heroes in the film (Ennis Del Mer and Jack Twist) more intense and more emotionally realistic than the normal heterosexual love scenes between John Abraham and Rani Mukherjee. Seriously, how could Janata still tolerate John Abraham as an actor! The only expression I found on his face is “ui ma! Pressure a gaya, toilet jana hai”. Anyway I am no director, so this is none of my business.

Aj Saraswati pujo. We don’t have any pujo nearby. So no pujo, no bhog, no khichuri and no Anjali. Hmmmm………..this may be the root cause of my depression. I may be craving for some bhog and Prasad in my sub-conscious mind and that leads to this depression thing.

The following conversation is going on in my brain :-
Left side of my brain:
Don’t get depressed over Khichuri, Kutus. I would get you fish and chips from Hungry Horse pub tomorrow.
Right side of my brain:
Hell with your fish and chips. I need Makha Sandesh ar Bhog er Khichuri.

Before things get worse in my brain, let me say bye to you.
Bye bye.

5 comments:

Bong Mom said...

Good to see you back Kutus. Kihichuri ar mach bhaja baniye post kore felo, mon kharap udhao hoye jabe

DaysasIremember said...

@ Sandeepa: Hi Sandeepa, thanks as always for popping in. tomar suggestionta khub i mone dhoreche,Illish mach kena o hoeche, somoi er obhabe ranna ta ar hochche na, ei wkend e target ache.
@ Raju: It's such a wonderful surprise to have you here. Ar tar opor Kobita tar jonno onek onek dhonyobad. Amader beduin life er sathe kobitar boigulo ar dourote parche na, delhi tei boshe poreche sobai. Tai onek din bade kobita ta porte peye je ki bhalo laglo. Thanks and a warm welcome

Raj-Baakya said...

Amio eshe porlam....amar ta teo ektu Blog er dhulo dish majhe moddhe....

Blogger naam ta theek ache re? Raja'r Kotha = "Raj Baakya"...

Purono Canvas ekhon ki bolche?.....Ki lagachish?.....Bhorer Rong naki Ostoraag er lalima....Akasher neel ta keo baad dish ne jeno...

Lukochuri khela, aar Plastic er packet er transportation / logistic system...Bikele Dossa-wala'r thung thung, aar Aakher Rosh er machine e lagano ghoongoor er tung tang....

Dekhish egulo ke kintu canvas ektu jaiga dish....Boro belar smritir bhire ei gulo jeno hariye na jai....

Ekta english gaan er koekta line lekhar lobh samlate parchi na....

"Oh when I look back now - That summer seemed to last forever;
And if I had the choice - ya - I'd always wanna be there;
Those were the best days of my life...

Man we were killin' time - we were young and restless;
We needed to unwind - I guess nothin' can last forever - no;
And now the times are changin'
Look at everything that's come and gone......"
(Summer of 69)....

Chiao Chung....
Bhalo Thakish..........

Prepare more & more Curries For the Soul....

Bon Appetit....

DaysasIremember said...

@ raju:CONGRATULATIONS for Raj bakkya!!! eagerly waiting to read your posts there. Thanks a lot for the lovely comments.

Anonymous said...

katus..
bhoger khichuri to bujhlam..kintu against john abraham..my my..don't forget man..he is a potential candidate to become a bangali jamain in future..heh heh..
achha tor khaise dino aaise r moto broke back mountain er indianized naam ki janis?? "charke pahariya, tute kamariya".. hehehehe
-bolto ami ke