Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A subject not at all related to food

As a kid, I was completely bowled over, when I first learnt how to draw cubes. You know, what I mean, the cube everyone used to draw as a kid,starting with two squares, one square within the other and then connecting the corners of the squares.... etc, something quite like this...




It was the first 3-D drawing I came face to face with in my life and I don't know about other kids,but I used to get quite excited at my drawing skill.
That cube thing, still got me hooked in these quite grown-up days of my life. Most of the time, I scribble cubes on the paper, all sorts of it, small cube, large cube, cube within a cube, cube within a cube within a cube, black and white cube, cubes with patterns on the sides....... Ok, I am putting a stop here. I take that you already get the idea, I am a cube freak. Yes I am. And to reinforce that, I am sharing with you guys,this photo. I have taken this snap from our balcony, back in India. This swing would have looked all so very uncharacteristic in any other ordinary day. But not on this very day, when the light and the shadow started swinging in perfect co-ordination.
Enjoy!!!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, looks like you should be a good math teacher if not a Rannar Mashi. The visual undersatading of Cube with two missing arms also implies that you are thoughful and dreams a lot....
Could U guess who I am?

Unknown said...

Guru,
Rannar Mashi-r to prochur gun dakhchi....
Amake onko karabe?

DaysasIremember said...

@ anonymous: No clues who you are. But I would certainly be glad to know who you are.

@Subhajit: Onko r kotha tule lojja dio na :-) bhari lojja pelam.

Bong Mom said...

Tomar comment ta miss kore gechilam. Kemon acho, anek din dekhi na

I absolutely loved that pic. Very good visualization.

Unknown said...

Hi Kutus, Found out rather belatedly that u had stopped by at Timid Cook. Thanks for your kind words. Does wonders for Timid cooks like me!

the blimp said...

Awesome picture, got my imagination working for a moment. Nice.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

great geometries here!!!

DaysasIremember said...

@ Sandeepa, Sukanya, Blimp and Moi.
Thank you, thank you.
I am glad you guys enjoyed it :)